Thursday, February 1, 2007

Lives up to the hype

Coming into Episode III I had high expectations; I was not disappointed. This movie has the best writing of any of the Star Wars movies. The audience can understand the motivation of all of the main characters. The falling action of Episode III is outstanding. It perfectly sets the stage for "A New Hope". The movie was great, but it didn't feel right until I saw the end. Writers dream of creating an ending such as this. The special effects were excellent and superior to any other Star Wars movie. The action is well orchestrated. The sets, backgrounds and visuals are amazing. Some of the backdrops begin to give you the feel of the original Star Wars trilogy, which is a very good thing. Hayden Christianson delivers a great performance as Aniken Skywalker. Natalie Portman was OK, not as good as I would have expected based on "The Professional". They couldn't have made this movie without James Earl Jones. For my money he made the movie real and authentic with his brief speaking role. I will definitely see this again. It's too early to tell whether it's the best Star Wars movie ever. But I'm leaning towards yes.

No comments: